PC Based Net2 Controller
- Single door networkable access control unit
- Plug into a TCP/IP network using a standard RJ45 plug
- Net2 plus can replace a TCP/IP convertor
- Net2 plus can also connect using RS485
- Net2 plus, Net2 classic and Net2 nano control units can be mixed on a site
- Diagnostic LED’s
- FLASH memory allows easy upgrades
- Use Paxton Access or 3rd party readers
Net2 is a networked access control system. A networked system gives the advantages of central control, event reporting and flexible control over users’ access. Each control unit is part of a network but can run independently making its own decisions and remembering events.
The Net2 plus control unit connects to the central administration PC using an RJ45 plug into a standard TCP/IP Ethernet network. This greatly increases the flexibility of installation options on sites that have LAN/WAN networks. The Net2 plus control unit also has a RS485 connection. This means it can be connected to other Net2 plus or Net2 classic control units using a dedicated CAT5 cable.
One Net2 plus control unit can be the network interface to the LAN and also run a wired RS485 daisy chain of other Net2 plus or Net2 classic units, removing the need for an independent TCP/IP to RS485 converter. Net2 plus is also available with a Power over Ethernet (PoE) power supply. PoE is a technology that allows both power and data to be passed along Ethernet cabling. Net2 plus with PoE simply plugs straight into the existing LAN using a standard RJ45 plug (providing it is powered by either a compatible PoE switch or a PoE injector).
Control units are sold as a PCB only, within a plastic housing or mounted within a 2A boxed metal/plastic mains monitored backup power supply. The Net2 plus unit now comes with PoE+ power supply in metal/plastic cabinet; no separate mains supply back-up required.
Any changes made at the PC are immediately communicated and stored at the control unit. When a user presents their token to the reader, the control unit identifies them and permits or denies access as appropriate.
Integrated intercom within a network paxton system
- Smart, simple audio/video door entry
- Just 3 components: external panel, interior monitor and door control unit
- Units auto detect on setup for straightforward installation
- Easy plug and play expansion for large systems
- Intuitive, colour touchscreen monitor
- Robust external panel comes with a keypad and RFID reader
- Infrared camera for low-light use
- IP55 rating for use in all weather conditions
Net2 Entry is a door entry system that works standalone or alongside Paxton’s Net2 access control, combining door entry with key features of Net2.
Net2 Entry comes in a discreet design that is suitable for a range of environments. The Net2 Entry panel has an attractive brushed steel effect for a smart appearance and durability. The panel can be mounted onto a metal surface if required.
A visitor initiates a video call via the bell button on the external panel. Visitor access can be granted via the Net2 Entry monitor, which features an intuitive touchscreen user interface. The internal monitor can be used via either the handset for private calls or in hands free mode.
When connected to Net2, access to the building can be gained by using a PIN, Code and/or proximity token.
We support various access control solutions, including Paxton, PAC, Janus and Siemens